Friday, May 1, 2015

Friday 5

Sharing a few happenings from the week. Happy Friday!
Before my mom left London, we enjoyed a few beautiful mornings exploring while M was settling into nursery. One morning we headed over to Hyde Park where Kensington Palace is located and dined at The Orangery for brunch. It was absolutely delicious! The grounds of the palace are gorgeous and it is the perfect place to grab a bite or afternoon tea, especially on a sunny day when you can sit outside!






The Globe Theatre is back for the season so I grabbed tickets for my mom and I to see The Merchant of Venice. It was quite the experience and a must do for anyone living or visiting London. I would recommend getting seats as the floor is standing room only and Shakespeare is not exactly known for short performances.
My mom and I visited the Victoria and Albert Museum too and it did not disappoint. I've been to many of the museums in London but usually with M in tow. A museum on your own, right as it opens for the day with barely anyone roaming the exhibits is a peaceful haven. The building itself is amazing and I found myself loving the architecture as much as the art it held within. They currently have an Alexander McQueen exhibit that I'd love to go back and see with prior booking of tickets as it's quite popular.
 

I bought a pair of Superga shoes before our trip to Amsterdam and I absolutely love them! They are perfect for spring days walking around the city and being at the playground. They come in a rainbow of colors for people of all ages. I settled for my trusty grey, of course!
We've been figuring out the best way to get to school and so far it's been really chilly in the mornings so I've been walking with M in the buggy. The walk generally is 25 minutes (just under 1 mile) at a good pace so I'm definitely getting exercise walking to and from and between errands. Today she wanted to ride her scooter to the bus (several of the bus lines take us 3 stops up the road I normally walk) and then the rest of the way to school. It worked really well and took about the same time as it normally does to walk. I think we will continue to take M's scooter as long as it is not raining. It gives her a good amount of exercise and practice coordinating and navigating the streets of London.

We have a 3 day weekend here in the UK so I'm especially excited for the weekend. Although we are supposed to have periods of rain two out of the three days. I keep wanting to put our basket of hats, gloves, and scarves away but it seems sandal and no jacket weather are not in my near future. 

Brought to you by the lovely ladies behind: The Good Life, A. Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm & Hello! Happiness.

1 comment:

  1. That first picture absolutely slays me. I want to GO to there! <3

    ReplyDelete