Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Special Delivery

M received the sweetest care package from her friend Waika in California. It arrived the week Daddy was in the states for work. The timing was perfect and it gave us that afternoon pick-me-up that is sometimes so desperately needed.

I loved watching M take it all in as there were so many fun things to unwrap in the box!





My favorite part of the box came in the form of a sweet handwritten card and photo album that W's mommy, Mayumi, put together of pictures of the many play-dates, birthday parties, and fun times that our group of mommies had over the almost 2 years we knew them in California. After unwrapping everything, M and I sat there and I told M about all of the pictures and all of the fun times we had with our friends when she was younger.

I've said it before and I'll say it again- the hardest part of this whole moving to a foreign country thing has been missing our friends and their little people (Oh, and of course, our families too!).

It's funny how some of my very favorite people became friends so quickly and easily as we grew as mom's together. Not only did becoming a mom bring the most wonderful person into my life but all of these new friends since 2012- now both in California and London.
 I adore the picture of M and W playing together in our old 'hood- beautiful Playa Vista, CA.


Mayumi, I cannot tell you how much M loved all of the treasures in the box especially since they came from my favorite store- oh Target how I miss thee! We literally ran out of Annie's Cheddar Bunnies earlier that week and (both) enjoyed some scrumptious Annie's Mac and Cheese for dinner. M wears this dress as soon as it is out of the laundry- she loves it! And we watched Cars a few days later in honor of it being Waika's favorite. 

Then we got to that thank you post card. 


Blowing Waika a kiss! 

And sending it across the pond.
 
Thank you for the love Mayumi and Waika (& Dave too)! It meant the world and we miss you like crazy! We cannot wait to play this summer on our trip to the states. I love that we've kept in touch and I know that this is one friendship that is here to stay!

Oh and you'd better come have some adventures with us over here in London!



5 comments:

  1. Mayumi and waika are hands down the sweetest ever! Like EVER. We're all so lucky to have each other -- but they always take the cake for amazingness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Side note. We bought that dress today! So m and l can be twinzies from millions of miles away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelley, W LOVED the thank you note! As soon as he saw the picture of the red double-decker, he said, "MADELINE??" He has been carrying around that postcard since. I finally wrestled it away during a nap so that I could make sure it doesn't get lost in our move! I am so glad you guys enjoyed the box … and that we finally sent it … and I hope it came through loud and clear how much we adore you and miss you and love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweetheart! such a thoughtful thing to do! josephine has that same dress, too... haha! she wore it last 4th of July. i may have to squeeze her in to it so she and M and L can be triplets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mayumi and Waika are the best! She delivered food when I had S and it was so wonderful! E actually still asks, where's my friend, Waika? M is looking so much like you in these pictures! These are the times I miss having a girl (even tho I'm not a girly girl).

    ReplyDelete