Friday, March 20, 2015

Hey Friday!

Mother's Day was celebrated here in the UK this past Sunday and as usual, Davis and M planned the perfect day. It involved a bit of a lie in, yummy breakfast, relaxation time at the spa, flowers and chocolate of course. Oh and a princess tiara made by M with the help of daddy and a pretty little something from Mulberry. I'm one lucky mummy!



 
The yummy breakfast we had on Mother's Day is my new favorite place. Aubaine is about a 5 minute walk from us and their pancake special was so yummy. I've been thinking of returning all week so I do believe breakfast there again this weekend is in order.


We were without heat (and partially without hot water) for three days and it was no fun especially when you live in a house with old windows and doors. The temps at night were in the 30s (yes, I still speak in Fahrenheit) so we were all huddled around the fireplace and wearing extra layers. Long story short, they were supposed to come out over the weekend and never showed. The UK has a reputation for having awful customer service and we've had a few experiences that confirm this. They are "investigating" what happened but let's be honest, there is no investigating going on.

Next week marks the end of our once a week Montessori class before M officially begins school there mid April. After doing the whole tour thing, getting on lists, and falling in love with a couple of preschools in Los Angeles, I did not want to do it all over again here. I happened upon this school through the creative classes we've been attending. In London, it is easy to get caught up in the "What nursery is she attending?" "What school lists do you have her on for after nursery?" conversations. 

I'm not going to worry if this school will get her into the next one. I am not letting myself get caught up in any of it as I know we've picked the right place for M to thrive. This school just feels right and I want her to be happy and love school.

I love this picture because M is all blurry as she is finally participating and dancing and singing in class. 

It's taken her a good 9 months where she refused to do much at all during music time. She's super slow to warm (I hate using the word shy) but I am confident that spending this last year in the same environment that she will be in on her own, is the best thing we've done to prepare her for nursery. 

I cannot believe she is starting school and it gets me all teary as I type this. It's gonna be rough people.

Oh but don't worry, I've made sure my mom will be here in London for my transition to nursery.


A chocolate glazed doughnut with sprinkles. Rainbow preferred.

I am not really sure why but I've been wanting one for a while. I had this today and this was not what I was looking for- so the search continues.

I might just need my mom to bring me one (or a dozen) from Colorado- from King Soopers to be exact. A dozen should help me with my nursery transition.

Happiest of weekends to you all! Happy Spring too- now let's get the temperatures up around here!



Brought to you by the lovely ladies behind: The Good Life, A. Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm & Hello! Happiness.

1 comment:

  1. Happy mums day!! What a fantastic way to celebrate ;) and donuts fully help with school transition. But she should bring 2 dozen just to be on the safe side!

    ReplyDelete