Friday, February 27, 2015

Five on Friday

Sharing a few of our favorite things from the week!

ONE
On days where M and I have nothing going on (or lots 'o rain fallin'), we like to bake. We made these orange lemon poppy seed muffins and they are so darn good! A little more sugar in them than I'd like for breakfast so they are more like dessert muffins. The recipe can be found here.
 

TWO
M and I met Chloe and her mom Libby at our very first Monkey Music class that we attended here in London about a week after we arrived. I still remember that day chatting with Libby, being excited to have met a new mommy in our new country. They are our friends that live the closest to us so it's easy and fun to get together for play dates or meet at our local park to play. And rumor has it that the mommies are going out on the town tonight!


With Davis gone this week for business in the states, we met up with them for a girls dinner date on Monday. We met at their favorite noodle bar in Chelsea and M tried fried rice for the first time. Our favorite gelato place was on the way home but even in the freezing cold, toddlers don't turn down gelato.

THREE

I absolutely love my mason jar from The Mason Bar Company that I was given from my friend Erin when I began using Young Living essential oils a few months back. I have the 32 oz. size and it is helping me drink more water throughout the day as I am so very bad at that. Adding a splash of lemon essential oil makes it even better! Yes I am totally into the essential oil thing and hope to share more of that with you soon.

FOUR
Spring is just around the corner and with that comes the bunches of daffodils for £1- £3 at our local favorite Marks and Spencer. I love them around the house especially when they've lasted a full week. Pretty sure I'm going to incorporate them into M's birthday party decorations too.

FIVE
Davis was able to catch an earlier flight (while also losing his wallet...) this morning so we have a full Friday with Daddy. That makes M, Hyde and I super happy campers. Any trip back from the states involves a stash of things we cannot get here in the UK. This time it included a whole bunch of clothes for nursery for M compliments of Old Navy, Schmidt's deoderant for me (glamorous I know), and lots and lots of Annie's cheddar bunnies and boxes of mac and cheese. 

I wonder when Annie's will figure out there are huge numbers of ex-pats bringing their products back from the US and start selling them here?!

Our weekend will involve replacing lost wallet items and lost keys. Yup, I lost a pair on a walk with Hyde...I guess Davis and I both get points for losing things this week.

Cheers!
Kelley



Brought to you by the lovely ladies behind: The Good Life, A. Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm & Hello! Happiness.

8 comments:

  1. Just found your blog on the Five for Friday! I love London :)

    Those little girls are the sweetest!

    Not fun replacing a wallet and all of the contents or keys...I guess your weekend can only go up from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those muffins look so so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah! Thanks for reading and yes they were! :)

      Delete
  3. Visiting your blog for the first time! Isn't drinking water so much more fun when it's out of a mason jar!? And, if I didn't have access to Annie's and Old Navy I'd be stocking up on those too (and Schmidts...literally just tried it for the first time this week and love it!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those muffins look delicious! I was reading about essential oils helping allergies and I was definitely skeptical, but I figured it couldn't hurt, so I ordered a kit of lemon, lavender, and peppermint and they do seem to help. I've been using doTERRA oils, but I've heard good things about Young Living too, so I'll have to check those out next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam! I started using YL for my headaches and they've helped so much. The more I learn about essential oils, the more I love them!

      Delete