Friday, November 21, 2014

Five on Friday

Boy oh boy am I seriously glad it's Friday!

ONE
This week our month and a half of having family constantly in town has come to an abrupt end. It's been beyond wonderful. M got to spend tons of time with her Nana, Obie and Lita, Davis and I spent a long weekend in Prague and our sweet (oh but don't forget slightly crazy) doggie Hyde is back with our family. Life is good.

With all of this, I'm not gonna lie, I've been in a super duper funk the past two days. It's rough living so far away from family. Really really rough. Saying goodbye is probably my least favorite thing to do especially when we don't really have firm plans- sometime this spring- to see them again. We see our family for longer periods of time now but the distance between visits seems like an eternity. With Davis heading to the states for ANOTHER WEEK right after Thanksgiving, this cold weather and super short days, I'm in need of some serious stress relief from somewhere. I even thought about going running last night. And I don't run.

TWO
ETSY is one of my favorite websites to find everything under the sun and when I heard about the Renegade Craft Fair in London this weekend, I knew it was something I had to check out! I think it's super important to support small businesses and independent artists alike. Super excited to do some holiday shopping after brunch on Saturday with and a friend and her family!

THREE
We are on the search for a doggie daycare for Hyde. Davis' dad and I visited one this week before he left town that looked to be perfect and it definitely was not for Hyde. Or maybe it was not for me- oh the mud! So next on the list is City Paws Club. If the videos on their Facebook page are any indication of the fun Hyde will be having, well then I think I'd like to go along for the pack adventures.

FOUR

We are hosting Thanksgiving at our house with our friends and Madeline's bff so I've been planning our table decorations. I mean, the way the table looks is as important as the taste of the food, right? So Davis does the food and I do the decorations...and maybe a pie. If you know me, you know I love a good sugar cookie decorated for the event being celebrated. We received a box of Biscuiteers when we moved into our London home so I'm going to grab some of these yummy 'lil turkeys this weekend in Notting Hill. Thinking about making these for the kids' table and maybe something like these for the adults' table.

FIVE
Since this will really be the first Christmas where M begins to understand it all, I've been thinking more about traditions we can begin and continue in our family. Elf on the Shelf seems to be the thing these days but I ran across The Kindness Elves. I like the idea of doing things for others and working on character building instead of focusing on M's behavior for gifts. I don't have an elf yet so I'll be keeping an eye out for one at the Renegade Craft Fair!

Here's to the weekend. Hope to share our adventures with my mom in London and our trip to Prague soon!

Cheers!
Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment