Friday, September 26, 2014

Yummers!

Today brought sweet potato muffins.

This weekend will bring a cooking scale so I know how many ounces of sweet potato to use when I buy a bag holding 700 grams. It's been interesting figuring out measurements with US recipes and UK products labeled with metric measurements. Until this weekend, I've had to estimate. It's turned out okay so far but I'm pretty sure I'm using too much butter in my recipes. Better to use too much than too little, right?

Our vintage Kitchen Aid mixer stayed back in the states as it weighed about as much as our couch. It was my mother-in-law's who owned a restaurant and catering business once upon a time in New Jersey.

So this mixer has joined our family while we live here in the UK.


M is a huge fan of making and eating muffins. She may have had a bigger smile on her face had there been some chocolate chips on top.





So if you fancy some, here's the recipe:
This week has brought cooler temperatures so fall has officially arrived in London. I am already bundling up over here. I think I may need to invest in some serious down.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Cheers!
Kelley


No comments:

Post a Comment