Friday, September 12, 2014

Lately

Life in London continues to pretty much be as wonderful as it can be. Although I'm not gonna lie, I have had some really rough days. Just missing parts of our old life. We are coming up on 6 months here. Already?!

We have a busy couple of months coming up so just as it does, life will continue to move at warp speed.

In less than a month, my mom is heading over the pond. For a whole month (minus a few days). I can hardly wait!

Except that she arrives on the day I become one year older. Good grief. Am I really going to be 35?! Holy...

Let's not think about that now. Let's talk about other things...

Fall is here in London and it's my very favorite season and it's not just because of my birthday. Every fall I get excited for new shoes. I've been eyeing these as I continue to be obsessed with the color gray. Or these since falling in love with them at their store on Abbott Kinney in Venice, CA. They both seem like they'd be good for walking around London.

Our dreams of staring in an episode of House Hunters International on HGTV have been squashed. Not gonna happen. Our landlord needed to sign a contract giving the crew permission to film in their house. You know how those American contracts make you take all of the responsibility and they were not keen on it.

Fall term started this week so our routine is back. I am a big fan of routine. Especially with a toddler.
M is doing swimming with Daddy on the weekend, Montessori class at M's future nursery school, cooking at our beloved Maggie & Rose, and ballet with the Kensington Ballet School.

I've found my new favorite store- Oliver Bonas. It is my now go-to store for gifts and other cute things of necessity. I grabbed this skirt, this book for Davis and these cards for all of our adventurous walks around London. Oh and this too because who doesn't love a room that smells just lovely?

Davis continues to WOW me with flowers coming home. He is pretty darn sweet when it comes to doing things like this very often. I'm one lucky lady!

Here are a few pics of M's first haircut last weekend at Bella and Beau in Notting Hill. It was just a trim and came along with an episode of Peppa the Pig on their iPad. Yes, she is almost 2.5 and it was her first. She was blessed with nicely growing hair from early on. It did not come from my side of the family.

Davis and I have been enjoying far too many lovelies from La Patisserie Des Reves in South Kensington. Seriously delicious.


I need to go exercise now.

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Cheers!
Kelley


1 comment:

  1. Oh, you don't look a day over 25! Seriously. Happy early birthday to you :) I love Oliver Bonas! One of my favorite places to poke around in... and buy things I really don't need. haha! We must get together again at some point. Hope you guys have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete