Monday, September 8, 2014

Winnie-the-Pooh and The London Zoo

Last weekend we took a trip to The London Zoo in Regent Park. They were celebrating the bear who arrived at The London Zoo a hundred years ago. The bear who inspired AA Milne's character named Winnie-the-Pooh.


They had a sweet little Winnie's Village set up with all sorts of activities for M to explore.

I've always loved this quote.


M chose to read, jump and decorate a gingerbread bear cookie.



Then we ventured out to see the animals that lived in the zoo. Here are some of our favorites:

Gorilla
Kangaroo
Tortoise

Giraffe
The statue animals were maybe even more popular than the real thing.

We also saw the Sumatran tiger cubs born in February.


They were sleeping in a corner far, far away.


 This was as best as I could do. Do you see them?


And we ended the morning with a carousel ride.

As I looked through the pictures to post our trip to the zoo, I was not in a single photo. Not one. I think it's about time for daddy to take over some of the picture taking duties!

Hope your week is off to a great start. Ours sure is as it is a beautifully sunny day here in London!

Cheers! 
Kelley

4 comments:

  1. Ok. Seriously SO FUN! And I love love love Madeline's outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, what a fun trip to the zoo! Seriously so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie! So excited to have you stop by! Love your blog especially your tantrum post recently. Oh how I can relate!

      Delete
  3. The zoo looks like an adventure! I'm glad Maddie had fun! And yes, she does have the cutest outfit!

    ReplyDelete