Friday, July 3, 2015

Hey Friday!

 
We saw the sweetest play based on the book The Paper Dolls by Julia Donaldson at the Little Angel Theatre. I've loved taking M to the theater around London as there are so many wonderful performances, many based on children's books. And if you've not read The Paper Dolls, it's become one of M's recent favorites.


The theatre was located just a bit north of us in Islington. We really enjoyed checking out a new neighborhood and grabbing lunch after the performance. We went with our friends Chloe and Libby and couldn't pass up grabbing some ice cream on our way back to the train. 
M had her first official school performance today and it was followed up by a picnic with the families of her class. M's first term at nursery has been so wonderful and we love the school she goes to. She's formed some sweet friendships already and her teachers are very warm and nurturing. School's out for summer in the UK next week so we are excited for our trip to the states!

 
Last year when the heat hit, fans were no where to be seen. Remembering that, we bought fans a few weeks ago in anticipation of the heat coming. Eventually. 
This week temps reached 95(!). It was the hottest day recorded in 9 years and I was pretty miserable.

So on Wednesday, we traveled via taxi as these two pictured above are kinda the worst when it gets over 85. I pride myself on not taking taxis very much as its so easy to just hop in one. But desperate times call for air conditioning mainly to avoid a toddler (OK, a mommy) tantrum.
We said goodbye to our nanny this week. Ella has been coming over about once a week to give me a little time on my own and for date nights too. She was the sweetest and M really liked spending time with her. As a mommy, it is the best when you have someone you completely feel comfortable with from the start.

We wish you all of the best Ella and please let us know if you pass through London as we'd love to take you for an ice cream!
The day has come. M no longer takes naps. It's a day I've not looked forward to since she was born. Nap time is a mommy's saving grace to get through the days, especially those days. I used nap time   to get things done and recharge. I needed nap time as much as I needed coffee in the mornings. And sleep at night.

Since she began nursery in April, we've been struggling to find a balance between a nap and not ruining her bed time. If she napped, she would sleep too long and then not fall asleep until 9 or 10 pm. If I woke her early from said nap, she was an absolute crabby nightmare the rest of the day. So this week we've had quiet time in her room for about 45 minutes where she can play quietly or read. I hang out with her while working on the computer or float in and out of her room getting other things done around the house. So far it's working.

I have to say, we've had a really great week and I've felt a sense of calm in the afternoons which I had started to despise. And she goes to bed super early- 6:30 which means a nice evening for Davis and I. Like I said, so far it's working. Let's keep our fingers crossed.


Brought to you by the lovely ladies behind: The Good Life, A. Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm & Hello! Happiness.

2 comments:

  1. no naps?! noooooooo!!!!! also. i'm officially off to check out those books. they look SO CUTE!! and we're excited for your trip to the states too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE British accents and I can only imagine how cute those little kids talk at M's school.

    I joke with my boyfriend that when we have kids we should move to England long enough for our kids to have British accents or hire a British nanny :)

    Yay for kid plays and quiet time!

    ReplyDelete