Friday, May 22, 2015

Oh Hello Friday!

I've been having a bit of a mid-mommy life crisis since M started nursery Monday to Friday for about 3 hours in the morning. Since I have a bit more time on my hands, I've been feeling slightly lost and could completely relate to this that I read recently. Only because my constant attention is no longer on M and it feels completely strange and foreign to do things by myself every day of the week. I'm not complaining, just trying to find this new balance with myself.

So now I have time each morning where I get to actually choose what I want to do. Instead of heading home to do laundry, dishes, or cleaning, I'm trying to do things for me- at least most of the time anyway because let's be honest there is no fairy working her magic at my house. Yoga or pilates class? Coffee shop and blogging? Errands without a toddler in tow? Brunch with a friend? A museum? A long walk with the Hyde-ster? Oh the choices!

Having a complete mommy identity with small doses of teaching the past 3 years, I'm now trying to rediscover some of my old passions. Here's to things that I've wanted to do for a while. I dusted off my new sewing machine and took a sewing class as I really had zero clue how to use it. I made this cute make-up bag and it was so easy! I have some plans for making more of these bags exclusively with Liberty of London fabric to go along with something else I've gotten into. 
Next up is a photography workshop in June! 
The oh-so-fabulous bkr bottles just made their fashionable debut in the UK at one of my favorite stores, Selfridges. I picked this one as it is fittingly called London Heart and it doesn't hurt that it's my favorite color as well!

I've said it before and I'll say it again- there is just something so amazing about Hyde Park. It has quickly become my one of our favorite places, especially on a beautiful day. We've not had too many yet this spring but I am hopeful that we will have many more adventures in bare-feet and picnics in the park coming soon.
I'm a big fan of Mumford and Sons and their new album came out recently. I'm in love with it and it might just be playing on repeat in our house. As long as M does not request no more mommy music!
We had been talking about cutting M's hair as it was super long. While I loved it long, a little change was due. It turned out super cute!
Happy weekend- we too have a 3 day weekend here in the UK. M is also off from nursery next week so we are booked with play dates with friends and then we head to the Cotswolds (the country outside of London) for a few days.

Brought to you by the lovely ladies behind: The Good Life, A. Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm & Hello! Happiness.

8 comments:

  1. Mumford is one of my faves too! I plan in listening to the new stuff on my road trip this weekend. Happy to find you through the linkup!
    The Lady Lawyer

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to find a fellow expat! You are going to love the Cotswolds- it's one of my fave spots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! We had the best time in the Cotswolds- it is just beautiful!

      Delete
  3. i can't wait for some kid-free mama dates once J starts nursery in june!! and in the meantime, if you are ever craving some toddler time while M is at school just let me know... i just so happen to know a little girl who may be available ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You let me know when you are ready for a no-toddler date! And I'll hang with J any day! ;)

      Delete
  4. Funny that you would just love for a bit more free time and when you get it you are a bit lost. I'd certainly be missing Aria and probably use the time completely uselessly for a while. Hopefully you get the feel for it soon! 3 hours sounds like the perfect amount of time too.

    ReplyDelete